- Fri, Jul 22, 2005 /
- Add your comment
As usual there is some good news and some bad. Ally's liver biopsy looked good and they figure her liver levels only went up do to the stress of the surgery last week. The bad news, she got a hold of her g-j tube and pulled on it hard enough to make it start to leak around the insertion site. So now we are dealing with trying to get the hole to close a little and finding the best way to control the drainage.
Unfortunately Ally will not be making it to the beach this year. We were planning to head there this coming Wednesday instead we are hoping Ally will be heading home. Shane and I will be traveling back and forth from duPont to Ocean City Maryland on Sat, Sun and Monday. Ashley of course will be headed to the beach with us and will stay there with her grandmom and pop when we travel up to duPont. We already have Ally's nurses lined up to keep her busy and her Gram is going to come down and keeep her company.
Also yesterday Ally ran a temperature so that meant urine, trache and blood cultures. She was off antibiotics for one whole day but they had to restart them because of the fever. If her cultures are still negative till Saturday than they will be able to stop the antibiotics.
Feeds are going pretty slow, right now that and the g tube drainage are what is keeping us here. However, Ally had a great day today and we were able to turn off her oxygen tonight so she is on room air again. Unfortunately due to all the recent set backs we were told that Ally will have to keep the trache in until next spring. In the grand scheme of things this is really minor. We already have dealt with it this long a couple more months is no big deal. Plus having her off the vent makes things so much easier.
Hope to update sometime over the weekend, if not we will update early next week maybe with some beach pictures.