- Tue, Aug 31, 2004 /
- Add your comment
Ally had a pretty good day today, but she unfortunately was not able to make it to the OR. She was scheduled to go around 11:30 and shortly before that time a blood culture that was pending came back positive for a staph infection. The infection is in her central line. Another antibiotic was started to try to clear up the infection. A repeat blood culture was done today and if that is still positive tomorrow the surgeons will probably want to pull her line and place a new central line.
Once again everything with the trach is on hold until this infection is cleared. The doctors are hoping to go to the OR late this week, but we will see. Ally was not showing any clinical signs of the infection, which is good. She was awake a couple of times today and she loves her big fish balloon, thanks Aunt Jeanne!
We will update as soon as we have some news.